TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
September 28, 2024, 04:37:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Winter Tour 2016  (Read 111813 times)
PaulT
Up pops Paul with the Flowerpot Men
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Gloucester

« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2016, 03:08:15 PM »

I'd suggest leaving Anfield before the end of the match... but you'd get caught up in the rush of tourists leaving for the Cavern!

Helicopter from Stanley Park to Woodvale, taxi to Lord St, sorted!  Wink

Flobbadob!
Chris
Well Moderated? Call 0800....
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Oxfordshire

Errrr....where's me beer?

« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2016, 03:14:43 PM »

Surely there's a pub in Southport that'll have it on live? Or are you saying you have a ticket for the game?

Shankly (Peter)
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Liverpool, England

« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2016, 03:44:46 PM »

Surely there's a pub in Southport that'll have it on live? Or are you saying you have a ticket for the game?

I don't actually have a ticket yet, but my son and I were intending to go, and will need the credits for any future FA Cup ties (Ever the optimist!). My son will still go - I'll probably buy a ticket for one of his friends to use, thus preserving my credits.
PaulT
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #43 on: January 26, 2016, 05:30:13 PM »

Just one seat (H22) left at Tewkesbury... I've just bagged H7!

(I reckon I'll need cheering up after the League Cup semi-final tomorrow).  Wink

Anyone else from TAW going on Thursday?

Flobbadob!
mikec
Anywhere close to proper english
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

I'm sorry, my daughter isn't coming out tonight.

« Reply #44 on: January 28, 2016, 12:16:20 PM »

The Scarisbrick across the road will definitely have the game on and it's a 2 minute walk from the gig. I could well be in there for the 2nd half.

I have gone to look for myself, if I return before I get back, keep me here.
PaulT
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #45 on: January 28, 2016, 08:57:29 PM »

Tiddle break here at Tewkesbury, lads on good form, couple of lesser known songs from the repertoire plus a fair smattering from Myths and Heroes. New CDs from Chris and Ric's trio at the merch table.

Flobbadob!
PaulT
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #46 on: January 29, 2016, 12:27:24 AM »

And another couple of surprises in the second half... More later, when I'm at the laptop. Don't worry, I'll use the spoiler buttons...

Flobbadob!
Shankly (Peter)
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Liverpool, England

« Reply #47 on: January 29, 2016, 07:27:39 AM »

Tiddle break here at Tewkesbury, lads on good form, couple of lesser known songs from the repertoire plus a fair smattering from Myths and Heroes. New CDs from Chris and Ric's trio at the merch table.

Looking forward to Southport tomorrow night. Bought 2 tickets for Liverpool's game and my youngest son and a friend are going, to keep the credits up for a possible 2nd Wembley visit later in the year. (Sorry to rub it in Paul!). Eldest son back from University to see FC. Front row centre at the Atkinson is nice and close to the action.
PaulT
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #48 on: January 29, 2016, 01:33:13 PM »

I was in row H last night at Tewkesbury - just about eye level with the band. Sound (courtesy of Mr John Gale) was pretty good - a couple of slightly "muddy" moments, and a faulty cable on Simon's rig caused some piercing feedback for half a song.  The chaps in good health (has Simon shed a few pounds?) and spirits and seemingly enjoying being back what they do best.  The usual inter-song banter, some obviously pre-arranged, but certainly some "unscripted"! And of course, Simon did manage to forget the words at one point - fortunately, the song's author was on stage to prompt him!

No calegramme/progendar this year (boo!), but a most entertaining programme, in which we are all invited to vote for 20 songs/tunes recorded by Fairport to be included in the setlist for next year's Wintour. Matty & MOTL are a given, so no need to include them. Iguess this will appear on the FC website at some stage.

OK - here's what they played last night (apologies if I've got some items in the wrong order) as far as I can remember:

Flobbadob!
quodlibet (Ian)
Squeeze it, Eliseao
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Hereford. UK

In nīz bogzarad

« Reply #49 on: January 29, 2016, 02:29:25 PM »

Thanks, Paul. Nice to see the second song in set two back again.  Smiley

A Brittunculus is not such a bad thing to be.
RobertD
Holy expletive delighted...
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: New York City

« Reply #50 on: January 29, 2016, 03:36:21 PM »

What a great set and some definite surprises! Love the opener too

I'm just a little shy of Surf's Up and I'm deeper than Twist and Shout....Iain Matthews
Amethyst (Jenny)
Did I just say that, out loud?
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Jenny. One breath of the sea..

« Reply #51 on: January 29, 2016, 03:50:26 PM »

Not sure if I can get to the tour this year...  Hope so nearer the end.

How nice to know that ....  (Where's the spoiler button please?)  is at last included, haven't heard that for donkey's!

Farnsfield Acoustic ... Notts
Thank you to everyone that has ever been to a FarnsAc gig, and to all our wonderful performers since 2005
vince42

« Reply #52 on: January 29, 2016, 04:05:16 PM »

Sounds good to me - we're off to see them in Queens Hall in edinburgh next weekend - looking forward to it already
Will S
A twinset of librarians
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: in deepest Devon

« Reply #53 on: January 29, 2016, 04:31:14 PM »

I've bought tickets for the Spring Tour, but seeing the setlist I now wish there was a closer one on the Wintour.  As long as they play some of the more unusual ones in May...

All the diamonds in the world
That mean anything to me,
Are conjured up by wind and sunlight
Sparkling on the sea
(Bruce Cockburn)
Andy
Brain half the size of a planet
Global Moderator

Loc: South West Wales

Not perfect. Never claimed to be.

« Reply #54 on: January 29, 2016, 05:09:50 PM »

So Roger Davies (the support) doesn't join them for MoTL and won't be at Cropredy? This is a departure from past practice. Usually the reward for touring unpaid with Fairport is exposure at Cropredy and CD sales there as well as on tour. Odd.

My Photos: Bands, People, Wildlife: https://tinyurl.com/AndyLeslieFlickr
RobertD
Holy expletive delighted...
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: New York City

« Reply #55 on: January 29, 2016, 07:26:43 PM »

So Roger Davies (the support) doesn't join them for MoTL and won't be at Cropredy? This is a departure from past practice. Usually the reward for touring unpaid with Fairport is exposure at Cropredy and CD sales there as well as on tour. Odd.

Perhaps being the opening night there was some sort of technical issue for not appearing on MOTL?

I'm just a little shy of Surf's Up and I'm deeper than Twist and Shout....Iain Matthews
Jules Gray
Go on, groove my truffles
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Cheltenham

What makes the buzzard buzz?

« Reply #56 on: January 29, 2016, 08:27:39 PM »

Perhaps being the opening night there was some sort of technical issue for not appearing on MOTL?

Maybe he didn't get the memo.

Jules

Now be thankful for good things below
Henry Tompkins (Pete)
Guaranteed trouble
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: S.W. London

One man gathers what another man spills

« Reply #57 on: January 29, 2016, 08:51:02 PM »

Maybe he didn't get the memo.

Jules

Maybe he had gone to catch the bus home?

No Left Turn Unstoned
Mark J Salt

Loc: Sea view from a mountain in North Wales

« Reply #58 on: January 29, 2016, 09:33:04 PM »

Just enjoying a merchandising opportunity at Warwick arts centre, 1st half out of this world, didnt think I would enjoy Roger Davies but was more than pleasantly surprised, will look at getting his CD later, it's very busy right now. More later, were being called in for round 2.
Mark J Salt

Loc: Sea view from a mountain in North Wales

« Reply #59 on: January 29, 2016, 11:53:41 PM »

Back from part the second, and what a great night it has been, some new numbers and good banter, and yes Roger did join in for MotL as well as a guest appearance from Anna Ryder, not putting up a setlist as I haven't got a clue about spoiler buttons etc, and I'm doing this on my phone, if you are going to a gig you will not be disappointed, if you haven't got tickets yet, what are you waiting for.... Happy days....ps muted talk from Peggy of a 2017 tour 'stateside' .
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: