TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
October 18, 2024, 06:18:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Recent gigs  (Read 976341 times)
DarrenWilliams

Loc: St Helens

« Reply #2220 on: October 14, 2024, 03:55:45 PM »

Albert Lee last night at the Empire in Rochdale. He is 80 years old, but my word he can still play.
PJayBe

« Reply #2221 on: October 16, 2024, 04:16:14 PM »

Saw him last night in Barnoldswick.  Astonishing.  It was the night after I saw Justin Hayward on his 78th birthday.  Nowt like promoting young up and coming talent!!
PJayBe

« Reply #2222 on: October 16, 2024, 04:17:27 PM »

we've got Phil Beer playing here next Saturday

https://www.wegottickets.com/event/623618  £17 a ticket plus booking fee if anyone is over this way

You could ask him what happened to Mick Groves CD that he was producing.  Mick hasn't heard from him for so long that he has had to refund everybody who had ordered it.
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #2223 on: October 16, 2024, 05:23:00 PM »

we've got Phil Beer playing here next Saturday

https://www.wegottickets.com/event/623618  £17 a ticket plus booking fee if anyone is over this way

You could ask him what happened to Mick Groves CD that he was producing.  Mick hasn't heard from him for so long that he has had to refund everybody who had ordered it.

That sounds more like a personal beef that absolutely nobody else needs to get involved in...

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
John From Austin
Donovan is my new texting buddy
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Austin

« Reply #2224 on: October 16, 2024, 10:34:20 PM »

Last night, Jeff Lynne's ELO at the sold-out Moody Center in Austin!

This was a feast for the eyes and ears from start to finish. I think he had a brief monitor problem during the first song, because he sounded a little flat, but after that all was fine. When the time came to introduce his musical director, it surely appeared to me that he forgot the fellow's name. My companion raised the spectre of memory loss, which I hope is not the case. I certainly saw no other evidence. A fine night out and highly recommended.
Pastieboy (Trev)
Cookie Monster
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: grantham

Remember me I'm still your native son.

« Reply #2225 on: Yesterday at 11:05:38 PM »

Last week I had Ferocious Dog fest , Seth Lakeman and Oysterband / June Tabor  and Band from County Hell . All superb

You are what you eat !!!
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: