TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
September 23, 2024, 02:20:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Listening to.......  (Read 286433 times)
Lubiloo (Lorna)
Google that lot, Bob!
Folkcorp Guru

« Reply #1560 on: September 21, 2024, 04:11:47 PM »

I have a significant birthday coming up next weekend, and although I'm not supposed to know anything about it, apparently 'something' is being planned, though I know few details. However my wife did ask me if I'd like to put together a playlist of music to be played during the event. 

"How long?", I asked. "Oh, about 4 hours worth", she replied. 

Well, I've been through my iTunes picking out some favourites over the last week or so.  When I finished and finally had a look at what I'd chosen, I had got about 14.5 hours worth.  So I thought I'd try to weed it down a bit this morning, and now it's only 13.5 hours...  Smiley

Do you think I'm allowed to lock the doors and make everyone listen to the end?  Or should I just say 'set it on shuffle' and see what comes up in the time available?  Undecided

Hee hee…what about sorting them into decades or ‘eras’ in your life…. and picking your top however-many would be permitted to make the right time,  from each decade/era?
PaulT
Up pops Paul with the Flowerpot Men
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Gloucester

« Reply #1561 on: September 21, 2024, 04:34:00 PM »

Do you think I'm allowed to lock the doors and make everyone listen to the end? 

Grin Grin Grin

Jules

Just make sure there's some Stockhausen around the 4-hour mark

Flobbadob!
Nick Reg
The Dreaded
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: NEWCASTLE, STAFFS

Merry Hell have been

« Reply #1562 on: Yesterday at 10:46:11 AM »

My album of the month (there's a decent article in there about them too) is Norwich's Brown Horse and their debut "Reservoir".  I assume the Americana-centric East Coasters will need no introduction, but I'd never heard of them before.  Best 'music like that' I've heard since early Whiskeytown/Ryan.  Again, barely an original note, but it sort of doesn't matter here - it's a joyful thing and rather excellent.

Just heard it and its fab. Greatly influenced by The Band, which cant be bad. The new Bright Eyes just dropped too, a good weekend. What with the footie team scoring twice in the 90th minute to earn a point!!

There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
Alan2
Other peole know stuff so I don't have to
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #1563 on: Today at 08:45:31 AM »

Melanie :  Old Bitch Warrior  (Cleopatra  LP,  green vinyl, Ltd edition of 400,  2024).

This is a part of a truly immense Melanie reissue  programme from Cleopatra Records, an American label. Old Bitch Warrior was released  on CD only in  1995.

This LP reissue, inevitably, sounds digital, but it's still more revealing than the CD, which I have.  The only downside is  you don't get the full tracklisting here, which ran to an hour or so in the digital format.
Will S
A twinset of librarians
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: in deepest Devon

« Reply #1564 on: Today at 09:34:00 AM »

Do you think I'm allowed to lock the doors and make everyone listen to the end? 

Grin Grin Grin

Jules

Just make sure there's some Stockhausen around the 4-hour mark

I did say these were my favourites...  Grin

All the diamonds in the world
That mean anything to me,
Are conjured up by wind and sunlight
Sparkling on the sea
(Bruce Cockburn)
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: