TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
October 18, 2024, 06:16:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Listening to.......  (Read 294784 times)
Jim
Klaatu barada nikto
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: manchester

Here To Help

« Reply #1580 on: October 11, 2024, 09:57:20 AM »

Yesterday, 2 days before it's official release I got the new Paul Heaton cd, it's yet another masterpiece from the great man, great songs, great choice and Paul has great back up from his hand and Rianne Downey who has stepped into Jacqui Abbot's place.
The lady from DHL dropped off the new Rory Gallagher at the BBC box set this afternoon but I've not listened to it yet.  I tried ripping it but I tunes doesn't recognise it just yet.  I was under the impression it wasn't out for a week or two so I might have to be very patient.😰

You can always add all the info into iTunes yourself (and share it with the world) - I have done that for a number of CDs myself over the years - most recently the three Live at Groolloo albums.

there's 19 cds to rip

The Dude abides
Shane (Skirky)
Simply looking at your dogtags
Global Moderator

« Reply #1581 on: October 13, 2024, 01:30:36 PM »

Acoustically Down Under. Terrific (almost literally) slab of vinyl, and edges out the contemporaneous Old, New, Borrowed and Blue. OOAA.

Everyone's from somewhere, baby - might as well be here.
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #1582 on: October 13, 2024, 04:23:50 PM »

Acoustically Down Under. Terrific (almost literally) slab of vinyl, and edges out the contemporaneous Old, New, Borrowed and Blue. OOAA.

With added Swarb, as well...one of the few post-85 releases I enjoy too.

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
Dan O.
Ken Bruce gets it out every year
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #1583 on: October 13, 2024, 05:35:16 PM »

With added Swarb, as well...one of the few post-85 releases I enjoy too.

One of Fairport's best live albums...
Alan2
Other peole know stuff so I don't have to
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #1584 on: October 14, 2024, 10:06:12 AM »

A couple of Roger Chapman CDs.

Live ones-   He Was, She Was...;  Who Pulled the Night Down. (Castle CDs).

It's a few years since I saw Roger live, and these remind me of what a great act he is.  Always has a good bunch of musicians  with him too.  

ColinB
a better way to put it
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Lancaster

« Reply #1585 on: October 14, 2024, 10:21:58 AM »

The Bimble Brothers who we saw playing at the Lancaster Music Festival yesterday. They did a cover of Walkawhile which was appropriate what with it having been Simon's birthday on Sunday.

https://bimblebrothers.bandcamp.com/album/lonesome-ditty

Listen to my Off The Beaten Tracks radio shows on Mixcloud
https://www.mixcloud.com/cmbertram/
Will S
A twinset of librarians
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: in deepest Devon

« Reply #1586 on: October 15, 2024, 01:53:39 PM »

Yesterday, 2 days before it's official release I got the new Paul Heaton cd, it's yet another masterpiece from the great man, great songs, great choice and Paul has great back up from his hand and Rianne Downey who has stepped into Jacqui Abbot's place.
The lady from DHL dropped off the new Rory Gallagher at the BBC box set this afternoon but I've not listened to it yet.  I tried ripping it but I tunes doesn't recognise it just yet.  I was under the impression it wasn't out for a week or two so I might have to be very patient.😰

You can always add all the info into iTunes yourself (and share it with the world) - I have done that for a number of CDs myself over the years - most recently the three Live at Groolloo albums.

there's 19 cds to rip

Got something better to do?  Grin Wink

All the diamonds in the world
That mean anything to me,
Are conjured up by wind and sunlight
Sparkling on the sea
(Bruce Cockburn)
Jim
Klaatu barada nikto
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Here To Help

« Reply #1587 on: October 15, 2024, 03:46:43 PM »

there's 19 cds to rip

Got something better to do?  Grin Wink

Sorry there are only 18 cds, 😔
The other 2 discs are dvds  
But they were all ripped by sunday😃
And no, I didn't have much to do this weekend, apart from walking the dog, no gardening since the green him was already full and there was no decent footie to watch

The Dude abides
Jules Gray
Go on, groove my truffles
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Cheltenham

What makes the buzzard buzz?

« Reply #1588 on: October 15, 2024, 08:10:34 PM »

And no, I didn't have much to do this weekend, apart from walking the dog, no gardening since the green him was already full and there was no decent footie to watch

Ah, all hail "The Green Him"!

Grin

Jules

Now be thankful for good things below
RobertD
Holy expletive delighted...
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: New York City

« Reply #1589 on: October 15, 2024, 08:51:48 PM »

Never one of my favorites actually. Even though ONBOB is fractured by the live/studio aspect it sounds better and the start of the acoustic concept. I could be remembering this wrong but I think this was about the same period when Maart was preparing to leave, and his playing seems a little less sharp. I don’t mean that to sound harsh, I love Maart’s playing and The Boots box has been wonderful hearing his playing on the live material, but Acoustically is seldom played, but perhaps I should give it another go

I'm just a little shy of Surf's Up and I'm deeper than Twist and Shout....Iain Matthews
RobertD
Holy expletive delighted...
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: New York City

« Reply #1590 on: October 15, 2024, 09:28:18 PM »

Never one of my favorites actually. Even though ONBOB is fractured by the live/studio aspect it sounds better and the start of the acoustic concept. I could be remembering this wrong but I think this was about the same period when Maart was preparing to leave, and his playing seems a little less sharp. I don’t mean that to sound harsh, I love Maart’s playing and The Boots box has been wonderful hearing his playing on the live material, but Acoustically is seldom played, but perhaps I should give it another go

Oops, ignore my acronym for Old New Borrowed Blue!

I'm just a little shy of Surf's Up and I'm deeper than Twist and Shout....Iain Matthews
Jim
Klaatu barada nikto
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Here To Help

« Reply #1591 on: October 15, 2024, 10:36:31 PM »

Ah, all hail "The Green Him"!

Grin

Jules

I really hate auto wrong, it never ever corrects😠

The Dude abides
Jules Gray
Go on, groove my truffles
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Cheltenham

What makes the buzzard buzz?

« Reply #1592 on: October 16, 2024, 08:59:26 AM »

I really hate auto wrong, it never ever corrects😠

I'm not a smart phone user, but can't you just switch it off?

Jules

Now be thankful for good things below
Alan2
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #1593 on: October 16, 2024, 09:09:19 AM »

Pink Floyd  :  The Division  Bell  EMI CD, 1995).

I have only played this a few times ever. It's okay,  a mid range Floyd album. Not as good as Meddle,  Wish you Were Here or AHM, imo. Rather sad but moving.
Peter Allen

« Reply #1594 on: October 16, 2024, 11:14:24 AM »

I was never a Floyd fan , but my elder brother was , so I heard a fair bit in the 70's , and I liked Roy Harper so I probably heard "Wish You Were Here" a fair bit. I was going to say I've never owned any of their stuff but I bought "Relics" in the 70's as a mid price release. I do remember preferring Syd's vocals and wondering why they didn't put more effort into  replacing him as a vocalist ...
I was late to Zeppelin , I wonder if it was the lack of singles meant both bands were not on my (radio)wavelength in the early 70's
Alan2
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #1595 on: October 16, 2024, 02:46:39 PM »

I was late to the Floyd party, and  i too  liked Roy Harper first.  Still like RH.
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: