TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
September 08, 2024, 12:51:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 20   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cropredy 2024  (Read 47981 times)
hendo (Dave)
Ziggy's tonsorialist-in-law
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: leicestershire

The 'unobtrusive percussionist'

« Reply #120 on: May 25, 2024, 12:03:44 AM »

Sorry about so many posts but…..
Just been re looking at the Brase lineup…..
Steve Knightly playing the Brase on Friday . Pos special guest on the Sat?
Or even While and Matthews who are playing Brase on Thurs. Chris singing Sandy again ?
Adam
I'm looking at you, Cool Cat!
Folkcorp Guru

I'm a llama!

« Reply #121 on: May 25, 2024, 09:17:06 PM »

Or even While and Matthews who are playing Brase on Thurs. Chris singing Sandy again ?

All three have played the festival before; I wonder if the Brasenose is now direct competition to Cropredy? That can’t help…
hendo (Dave)
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #122 on: May 25, 2024, 09:33:28 PM »

All three have played the festival before; I wonder if the Brasenose is now direct competition to Cropredy? That can’t help…

Adam, I think the Brase is a fest in itself. Seperate ticketing.cracking line up.
It will be interesting to see how village parking copes with ,effectively 2 fests.
Adam
I'm looking at you, Cool Cat!
Folkcorp Guru

I'm a llama!

« Reply #123 on: May 25, 2024, 09:44:33 PM »

Adam, I think the Brase is a fest in itself. Seperate ticketing.cracking line up.
It will be interesting to see how village parking copes with ,effectively 2 fests.

That’s my point (I think!) - I wonder how many people are going to the Brasenose/field 8 and not bothering with Cropredy tickets as they offer similar music at a cheaper price? Even if it is a hundred or so, it will still hurt.
iandiddams

« Reply #124 on: July 09, 2024, 08:32:23 AM »

One month to go.

No announcement of the "special guest".

There isn't one is there?

I hear the calls that "its contractual" - but at this late stage what benefit is there to be had for not announcing ? People will have August weekends pretty much planned now. Its a bit late to announce somebody < 4 weeks to go and expect ticket sales to pick up as a result. And I really cant see many even ardent fans of Guest X coughing £85 to see them - unless its swifty or the boss I suppose in which case that's cheap.

weird AF.

Yorkshire Chris
Did you have a Sloppy Guiseppe?

Loc: Yorkshire (who'd have guessed...!)

« Reply #125 on: July 09, 2024, 11:11:44 AM »

OMG - has anyone seen the announcement about the special guests on the Fairport web page.... Shocked

* Croppers.jpg (72.28 KB, 640x382 - viewed 909 times.)
Lubiloo (Lorna)
Google that lot, Bob!
Folkcorp Guru

« Reply #126 on: July 09, 2024, 02:20:02 PM »

One month to go.

No announcement of the "special guest".

There isn't one is there?

I hear the calls that "its contractual" - but at this late stage what benefit is there to be had for not announcing ? People will have August weekends pretty much planned now. Its a bit late to announce somebody < 4 weeks to go and expect ticket sales to pick up as a result. And I really cant see many even ardent fans of Guest X coughing £85 to see them - unless its swifty or the boss I suppose in which case that's cheap.

weird AF.

Probably just keeping it as a genuine surprise til the last moment….that has often happened before but without the pre-announcement of the guest. Ha ha love it Yorkshire Chris!
Chipton Blake

« Reply #127 on: July 09, 2024, 04:06:35 PM »

Wonder if there is any connection to the saturday
Brasenose afternoon slot - still not announced.
A long set at the Brase before the mainstage for a bit?
Martin F

Loc: Bicester

« Reply #128 on: July 17, 2024, 04:20:13 PM »

Trevor Horn has pulled out for health reasons, RT replaces him...

We have a rather unexpected announcement. Richard Thompson will headline the Friday night as, with great regret, Trevor Horn has had to pull out due to a health issue.

Fairport co-founder Richard is no stranger to the Cropredy stage of course. He will play a solo acoustic set accompanied by guest vocalist Zara Phillips. “I can’t tell you what a joy it is to be back at Cropredy,” says Richard. “This always feels like home – a chance to catch up with old Fairport bandmates and to play in front of the best folkrock audience in the world. Roll on August!”

Trevor Horn is really disappointed to miss the festival. “Of all the festivals we play, Fairport’s Cropredy Convention is my favourite for many reasons,” he says. “So it’s with great sadness that I must cancel our appearance this year. This is due to a health issue from which I have not made the recovery I was expecting.”

“I hope Fairport will invite us to play next year,” Trevor adds. “Meanwhile, my sincere apologies and my best wishes for this year’s event.”

Needless to say, we all wish Trevor the very best in his recovery.

Tickets for Fairport’s Cropredy Convention 2024 are still on sale at www.fairportconvention.com/tickets

Do androids dream of electric sheep?
iandiddams

« Reply #129 on: July 17, 2024, 05:02:45 PM »

We have a rather unexpected announcement. Richard Thompson will headline the Friday night as, with great regret, Trevor Horn has had to pull out due to a health issue.

BUT BUT BUT...  we were told in this thread RT was in the USA and so could not possibly be the special guest (sat)  as a result.

yet here he is headlining Friday.

Whilst also being in the USA.

Oh...

Lubiloo (Lorna)
Google that lot, Bob!
Folkcorp Guru

« Reply #130 on: July 17, 2024, 06:30:23 PM »

Solo, not solo  Grin
hendo (Dave)
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #131 on: July 17, 2024, 06:53:04 PM »

BUT BUT BUT...  we were told in this thread RT was in the USA and so could not possibly be the special guest (sat)  as a result.

Oh...

Conspiracy theory alert…..which may mean he was always going to be Saturdays special guest……
blagden
Money for
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: South God's Own Country

I am a rebel - whilst ever my wife will let me be!

« Reply #132 on: July 17, 2024, 07:13:55 PM »

Oh...

Conspiracy theory alert…..which may mean he was always going to be Saturdays special guest……

Feel For Mr Horn but ...

Omnishambles is a neologism first used in the BBC political satire The Thick of It in 2009. The word is compounded from the Latin prefix omni-, meaning "all", and the word shambles, a term for a situation of total disorder. Originally a "shambles" denoted the designated stock-felling and butchery zone of a medieval street market, from the butchers' benches (Latin scamillus "low stool, a little bench"). The word refers to a situation that is seen as shambolic from all possible perspectives. It gained popularity in 2012 after sustained usage in the political sphere led to its being named Oxford English Dictionary Word of the Year, and it was formally added to the online editions of the Oxford Dictionary of English in August 2013.[2]

springs to mind.
iandiddams

« Reply #133 on: July 17, 2024, 09:45:15 PM »

Indeed.  Though the festival poster says "Special SURPRISE Guest".  And while RT would always be special...  he'd hardly be a "SURPRISE" would he ?

except that he is in the USA apparently then and cant possibly be at Cropredy.

Oh.
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #134 on: July 18, 2024, 06:39:56 AM »

Indeed.  Though the festival poster says "Special SURPRISE Guest".  And while RT would always be special...  he'd hardly be a "SURPRISE" would he ?

except that he is in the USA apparently then and cant possibly be at Cropredy.

Oh.

As has been said many times in here, he's never actually been a surprise unannounced guest at Cropredy, so actually it would be a surprise (of sorts).

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
simon frisby
George Takei Socks

Loc: Great Yarmouth Norfolk

They made me do it!

« Reply #135 on: July 18, 2024, 08:06:03 AM »

I just think this is a last minute ' mate can you do us a favour' job.

Monster? I'll have you know I'm British!
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #136 on: July 18, 2024, 08:07:17 AM »

I just think this is a last minute ' mate can you do us a favour' job.

I suspect you're correct on this.

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
Wardi

Loc: N.Yorkshire

« Reply #137 on: July 18, 2024, 08:29:30 AM »

TBF I don't think this is entirely unusual in the world of ageing musicians.  I had tickets to see the Eagles & Steely Dan in June (that cost me very deep in the purse!).  Steely Dan withdrew due to illness and were promptly replaced by the Doobie Brothers.  I would rather have seen the Dan but the Doobies were an able replacement.

I did see Richard T on his recent tour (full band) and he was on good form.
quodlibet (Ian)
Squeeze it, Eliseao
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Hereford. UK

In nīz bogzarad

« Reply #138 on: July 18, 2024, 10:54:36 AM »

Obviously, it's sad for Trevor Horn being unable to play & we all wish him well.

However, RT is a very welcome replacement. If only there were some decent muscians on hand to form a scratch band to help him out.

A Brittunculus is not such a bad thing to be.
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #139 on: July 18, 2024, 01:02:35 PM »

Obviously, it's sad for Trevor Horn being unable to play & we all wish him well.

However, RT is a very welcome replacement. If only there were some decent muscians on hand to form a scratch band to help him out.

My thoughts too, but they seemed very keen to stress the solo-ness (with the missus) of the performance...

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 20   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: