TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
September 08, 2024, 12:21:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Warwick folk Festival  (Read 780 times)
hendo (Dave)
Ziggy's tonsorialist-in-law
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: leicestershire

The 'unobtrusive percussionist'

« on: July 23, 2024, 08:47:29 PM »

As my mate Gareth said, about 2 weeks before every Cropredy, can we get excited yet….,?
Well 2 days to Warwick, the van is packed , the lineup is v good and the weather looks positive.
Just a lovely friendly fest, all venues under cover…..
Tickets still available if you fancy it.
The fest is in the Castle grounds. It does also have a fringe running in pubs in the town…….Morris dancing in the square etc….
https://warwickfolkfestival.co.uk/line-up/
hendo (Dave)
Ziggy's tonsorialist-in-law
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: leicestershire

The 'unobtrusive percussionist'

« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2024, 05:53:36 PM »

I won’t write a music review here, if anyone is interested there is a review of everyone I saw on my f book page.
Just to say the organisers have now got the site ( having moved into castle grounds 3 yrs ago, )really sorted
A great ,really accessible festival village , with all venues, bars and food outlets under cover…..and the weather was glorious.
Some major highlights, John Tams, Breabach, Merry Hell, UNTHANKS ,Gnoss, Lauren South but there is just so much music and dance, somewhere all the time.
Really friendly, beautifully stewarded , great camping with immaculate showers and posh loos.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: