TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
September 19, 2024, 05:32:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FolkEast  (Read 912 times)
William

« on: August 19, 2024, 02:39:19 PM »

What a really great festival. So sad that they are having to move to a new site next year. Highlights for me this year were the Peters Field production and local band King Driscols. Splendid beer tent as always, although they have put their prices up a lot this year, all beers were £5 pint.
JJ (Joanna)
safely sewn on
Global Moderator

Loc: Essex

nice McTell I'm wearin!

« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2024, 08:33:14 PM »

Always wanted to go but its not easily accessible by public transport, do hope the new site is better. Do you know where?

....may my love be your protector; and walk with you 'til next we meet
R.McTell - An Irish Blessing.
William

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2024, 10:12:07 AM »

No announcement has yet been made about next years location. They seem very confident that it will go ahead, selling early bird tickets and suggesting that an announcement will be made in September. The notice board outside the info tent said that it will be within 15 miles of Glemham Hall in the A12 corridor. The Latitude site would fit that description, but that has been refuted in the rumour mill. Public transport will always be a problem - this is Suffolk! A shuttle bus is provided to/from the nearest station but the station is not on the main line out of London.
JJ (Joanna)
safely sewn on
Global Moderator

Loc: Essex

nice McTell I'm wearin!

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2024, 08:59:54 PM »

No announcement has yet been made about next years location. They seem very confident that it will go ahead, selling early bird tickets and suggesting that an announcement will be made in September. The notice board outside the info tent said that it will be within 15 miles of Glemham Hall in the A12 corridor. The Latitude site would fit that description, but that has been refuted in the rumour mill. Public transport will always be a problem - this is Suffolk! A shuttle bus is provided to/from the nearest station but the station is not on the main line out of London.

Thank you. There lies the problem because accommodation was also difficult!

....may my love be your protector; and walk with you 'til next we meet
R.McTell - An Irish Blessing.
Lubiloo (Lorna)
Google that lot, Bob!
Folkcorp Guru

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2024, 09:11:40 PM »

Thank you. There lies the problem because accommodation was also difficult!

On Radio Two yesterday, I am sure Sara Cox read out an appeal for a new site, I think it just came from a listener not sure it was official, but at least then, they seemed not to have one identified.
William

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2024, 08:23:41 AM »

That's interesting. The impression given was that it was just a matter of signing the contract. Lots of early bird tickets sold.
Shane (Skirky)
Simply looking at your dogtags
Global Moderator

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2024, 02:55:48 PM »

According to the Big British Castle, they've been offered four or five sites and are taking their time about making a decision.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c5y5gdp615yo

Everyone's from somewhere, baby - might as well be here.
John & Mo

Loc: Deep in the Norfolk Broads

I'm not old. I'm a Real Classic.

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2024, 07:00:07 PM »

The number of people who booked for 25 before leaving Glemham Hall is testament to the trust ma y of us have in the organisers John and Becky. They have a great track record and treat attendees really well.I have no link with them apart from attending 10 festivals so far. I know caterers who are committed to . next year - somewhere in Suffolk. Could
it be Heveningham Hall , I wonder ? J & B promise it will be a very special setting.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: